Our philosophy starts with the simple belief that kids are capable of incredible things. Our job is to nurture that ability; our goal is to support kids' healthy development. Play is how kids learn--here, it is in both a STEM-rich environment and inviting outdoor experience.
Field Trips on Tour
Announcing our NEW Field Trip on Tour: Feel the Force laboratory toolkit
Our new Feel the Force laboratory toolkit captures the excitement and in-depth learning that takes place on a Field Trip to the Discovery Museum. It provides all the materials, prompts, and instructions students need for many hours of exploration of the everyday science, math, and engineering that surrounds them—either all at once, like a Field Trip experience, or one topic at a time, to inject some movement and STEM activity across students' days.
Using the Feel the Force guides and materials, students will build and experiment with their own personal Somersaulting Scientist, consider the most effective way to launch a springing toy through the air, probe the boundaries of balance and torque to set a top spinning, and much, much more.
Field Trip on Tour: Feel the Force laboratory toolkit:
- Includes individually-packaged materials for 7 hands-on STEM explorations—from magnets to friction to collisions—for each student and classroom teacher to use and keep.
- Colorful, easy-to-follow Student Activity Guides for each STEM exploration support student learning as they follow their own curiosity.
- An in-depth Teacher Curriculum Guide highlights the standards that are explored through a series of experiments; offers ideas for cross-cutting skill development; and provides imaginative ways to extend learning, either in the classroom or at home.
- The content connects to grades K to 5 STEM curricula, supporting the following Massachusetts Science and Technology/Engineering Standards: K-PS2-1, 1-PS4-1, 2-PS3-1(MA), 3-PS2-1, 3-PS2-3, 3-PS2-4, 4-PS3-1, 4-PS3-3, 5-PS2-1
- Designed as an adaptive experience, Field Trip on Tour supports STEM exploration at home, in the classroom, or both.
Grade Level: Designed for 1st through 5th grade students. Readers can use Field Trip on Tour independently; non-readers may need supervision.
Materials: All Field Trip on Tour materials are provided. Individual student materials will be safely packaged and shipped to your school.
Introductory Pricing: $25 per student and each classroom teacher, plus shipping.
Discounts: Discounts may be available for schools in need.
Questions about the content of our new offering? Please contact Kathie Watt, Assistant Director of School and Group Programs.
What’s next? We are continuing to develop additional Field Trip on Tour themes, including both sound and light. Please let us know if there is a topic you are interested in.
More unique hands-on STEM learning resources
Available now are our new Virtual Traveling Science Workshops: interactive, curriculum aligned workshops with talented STEM instructors offering engaging, hands-on experiences. Workshops are streamed live to encourage interaction and as always, students in our workshops are enjoying all the fun as active participants. Learn more!
Visit our Teacher Resources for Distance Learning webpage for free, curriculum-aligned, hands-on experiences your students can do at home or in the classroom. All activities use easily accessible everyday materials, and cover a wide variety of STEM topics and Massachusetts Science and Technology/Engineering standards.