Job Title: Admissions Representative
Description: Make first and last impressions of the Discovery Museum memorable! We are looking for a friendly Admissions Representative to join our team. You must be reliable, outgoing, proactive, and detail oriented. Admissions Representatives have exceptional interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work well under pressure. We expect you to be trustworthy to handle the sensitive personal information of guests.
- Welcome all visitors and establish a sense of belonging
- Complete transactions for admission and gift shop sales
- Operate a cash register, barcode scanner, credit card machine, and receipt printer
- Effectively communicate with both visitors and staff members
- Respond appropriately to general inquiries in person, via telephone, and by email
- Stay up to date with admission, visitor, membership, and event details
- Assist with mailings and other light clerical duties
- Participate in group trainings and meetings
- Maintain an organized admissions area
- Provide basic first aid products such as band aids and ice packs
- Help to open and close Museum exhibits and galleries
- Assist with daily cleaning and disinfection procedures for all spaces
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications: High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred. Comfort with basic computer skills and email communication required. Cash handling experience is an advantage. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time and regularly move items that may weigh up to 20lbs. Frequently handle non-corrosive cleaning products with provided personal protective equipment.
Must submit Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check form. All employees and volunteers at the Museum are required to submit proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
Hours: Weekday and weekend hours required in addition to occasional evenings; 12-20 hours per week. This is a year-round position with a flexible schedule; summer only applicants will not be considered.
Hourly Pay: $14.75/hour
How To Apply: Kindly submit an employment application to Kiersten Dittrich stating the title of the job in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Discovery Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer by choice.
We acknowledge that not all candidates will have experience that perfectly aligns with our requirements. Women and members of marginalized groups tend to only apply to jobs for which they satisfy every requirement. If you meet some of the above qualifications and you believe you will excel in this role, we strongly encourage you to apply.