Our philosophy starts with the simple belief that kids are capable of incredible things. Our job is to nurture that ability; our goal is to support kids' healthy development. Play is how kids learn--here, it is in both a STEM-rich environment and inviting outdoor experience.
Traveling Science Workshops
Since 1992, our highly skilled, dynamic educators have worked side-by-side with teachers to inspire students with fun, hands-on STEM workshops delivered right in their classrooms. From Physical Changes of Matter to Force and Motion to Weather, topics are designed to spark curiosity and strengthen the practices of science and engineering. Workshops are convenient, affordable, and support the Massachusetts Science and Technology/Engineering Curriculum Framework for Pre K through 8th grades.
- Choose from more than 20 hands-on STEM workshops for students in grades Pre K-8
- Small group, highly interactive learning experiences delivered to each individual classroom of students
- Workshops support the new Massachusetts Science and Technology/Engineering Curriculum Framework
- Package Deals are available when a workshop is combined with a Field Trip to the Museum
- For potential sources for funding your workshop, click here.
View and download the complete 2021-2022 workshop listing here.
View and download a PDF transcript of the above video.
Scheduling and Pricing
- Most workshops are 45 minutes long, and can be extended to one hour for an additional fee.
- The first 45-minute workshop is $395; each additional workshop held on the same day is $95. A maximum of five 45-minute workshops can be presented in one day.
- The first 60-minute workshop is $455; each additional workshop held on the same day is $115. A maximum of four one-hour workshops can be presented in one day.
- Many, but not all, programs can move from classroom to classroom.
- Most workshops have a nominal materials fee (see below).
- Mileage fees may also apply.
- Maximum group size: Preschool/PreK 18 students; Elementary 25 students.
View and download the 2021-2022 pricing sheet here.
Booking now: Virtual Traveling Science Workshops! Learn more.
Any questions? Interested in scheduling? Please email Kathie Watt, Assistant Director of School & Group Programs, or call her at 978-264-4200, ext. 122.
Massachusetts Science and Technology/Engineering Curriculum Framework
The Massachusetts Science and Technology/Engineering Curriculum Framework promotes students’ active engagement with the practices of science and engineering. Students are asked to observe, raise questions, investigate, problem solve, give evidence, and discuss—and have been doing just that in our Traveling Science Workshops with great success and much enjoyment since 1992. Standards alignment is indicated in each workshop description, but if you have any questions or suggestions please email Kathie Watt, or call her at 978-264-4200 ext. 122. Discovery Museum is committed to helping educators provide fun, hands-on science and engineering programs for all of their students.