Field Trip Manager
The Field Trip Manager oversees school and group visits to the Museum ensuring that each visit is fun, well-organized, and meets the learning goals of the school or group while maintaining a safe and welcoming experience for all visitors. We recognize schools as partners and the Field Trip Manager strengthens these partnerships by maintaining ongoing communication and providing educational experiences that support the STEM learning goals of PreK to Grade 8 classrooms. This position works closely with the Visitor Services team and reports to the Assistant Director of School and Group Programs.
Reports to: Assistant Director of School and Group Programs
Weekly Hours: Weekdays, 24 to 30 hours/week (For the right candidate, a full-time position could be created by adding more clerical and administrative responsibilities.)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the daily group visit experience including pre and post communications, arrival, orientation, exhibit floor and campus experience, departure, and evaluation.
- Support an enriching STEAM experience which aligns with current curriculum standards by maintaining pre and post visit guides, hands-on museum orientations, and meaningful exhibit interactions.
- Collaborate with the Director and Assistant Director of School and Group Programs and Director of Visitor Services to develop trainings and practices for Explorers that support a strong learning community and promote effective interpretation techniques.
- Provide weekly updates to School and Group Programs team regarding group visit needs.
- Set and maintain group policies and procedures in coordination with Assistant Director of School and Group Programs and Director of Visitor Services.
Coordinates with Visitor Services Team to manage and supervise the delivery of a successful, educational field trip experience when a group is on site.
Qualifications & Skills
- Experience managing a team and a background in formal or informal education preferred.
- Highly organized, a strong communicator, flexible and responsive to needs of visitors.
- Is friendly, enthusiastic, and thoroughly enjoys a team approach.
- Experience working with diverse constituencies is a plus.
How To Apply: Please email cover letter and resume to Kathie Watt with the position title in the subject line. No phone calls, please. No phone calls please.
Discovery Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive space for all.
We believe that a diversity of thoughts, experiences, backgrounds, personalities, and identities helps us think bigger and better, and enables us to reach our goals more effectively. We are committed to building a diverse staff and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply.