Our philosophy starts with the simple belief that kids are capable of incredible things. Our job is to nurture that ability; our goal is to support kids' healthy development. Play is how kids learn--here, it is in both a STEM-rich environment and inviting outdoor experience.
Parties & Rentals
Please note that we are not offering traditional birthday parties in summer 2021. However, we would be happy to host your group for a visit—and you can stay as long as you like! Members will receive a 20% discount on their guests for a group of 20 or more if booked in advance.
We are not able to offer staff-facilitated party activities or the use of our Discovery Party Room this summer.
Blocks of tickets for small or large groups may be reserved three weeks or more in advance to ensure there is space for your group to visit together; we will collect a non-refundable deposit at that time. For last-minute planning, please reserve tickets through the Reserve Tickets link at the top of this page.
There are patio and picnic tables available for outside eating, but they cannot be reserved and there is no shelter in case of rain.
We are offering party gift bags for purchase. If ordered ahead of time, they will be available for you to pick up at the Admissions desk at the end of your visit.
Please email Kathie Watt with any questions or to book your group for a visit!
Let us supply your gift bags! Create your own gift bag from merchandise available at the Discovery Store, or select one of our themed gift bags. See photos and options here.
- Arts & Crafts Bag - $6.00: mini modeling clay, mini markers, mini note pad, color-your-own suncatcher kit
- Dino Bag - $6.00: small vinyl dinosaur, dino pencil, dino fossil putty, dino stickers (2)
- Discovery Bag - $6.00: rainbow glasses, touchable bubbles, Discovery Museum rock collection pencil, Bessie the Dinosaur temporary tattoos (2)
- Rocks & Minerals Bag - $4.00: small bag of assorted stones, stone identification card, mini magnifying glass
- Traditional Toy Bag - $4.00: "astro" bouncy ball, mini kaleidoscope, animal stamper, Bessie the Dinosaur temporary tattoos (2)
Please be sure to order your gift bags at least two weeks prior to your party to ensure availability. And don't forget, museum members receive a 10% discount on all store purchases!
To order gift bags, please contact us via email or call 978-264-4200 ext. 114.
Celebrate a birthday, anniversary, baby shower, or other special occasion with an after-hours rental of the Discovery Museum! Rent one room, one floor, the whole Museum building, or our entire campus including Discovery Woods and our 550sf accessible Discovery Treehouse for a very special and memorable event.
Accommodations and pricing are flexible, making the Museum a convenient option for many types and sizes of events including parties, family gatherings, adult-only events, company meetings and celebrations, school family nights, and more.
Evening Rentals at a Glance
- Rent the entire Discovery Museum campus, or choose selected portions
- Our Museum building offers 13,000 sq. ft. on three floors, fully accessible and ADA-compliant
- Accommodations range from up to 30 to 300+ people
- Add Discovery Woods and the Discovery Treehouse to your rental for an additional fee
- Fun, hands-on exhibits for children and adults can be the main attraction, or an interesting backdrop to your event
- Minimum rental is 2 hours; additional hours available
- Easily accessible from major highways
- Free parking for 130 cars
- We are happy to provide a list of approved caterers
- Alcohol may be served with an insurance rider or by using an insured bartender
Rent a meeting room, the Museum's first floor, or the full building for your event--you can even add on Discovery Woods! Every event is unique and prices are determined by the spaces you use, the number of guests, and where food is served.
Museum staff must be present for the entire event including set-up, the event itself, and clean-up. Staff will assist with orienting guests to the spaces and will engage guests in playing with the exhibits. If you need assistance carrying supplies to and from vehicles, arranging furniture, or serving food, please plan to bring that help with you.
After your event, we ask that you remove all decorations, leftover food, and personal items, and replace furniture if you have moved it.
Deposits & Cancellation Policy
A deposit equal to 50% of the event cost is due at the time of booking. The deposit is refundable (minus a $100 fee) until 30 days prior to the event. The deposit is forfeited if the event is cancelled during the 30 days prior to the event. Events can be postponed and the deposit will be applied to the new date.