The Scheduling Manager is responsible for all aspects of the reservation process for Field Trips, Traveling Science Workshops, birthday parties, and evening rentals—and for the customer satisfaction with that process. Responsible for interacting with diverse customers, enforcing and interpreting policies, and working closely with all departments to coordinate a successful customer experience from the initial contact, through the reservation process, to the Museum experience itself.
Reports to: Assistant Director of School and Group Programs
Weekly Hours: 24 to 32 hours/week (for the right candidate, a full-time position may be possible)
Weekly Schedule: Monday - Friday
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as initial point of contact for potential and repeat customers, in a warm and professional manner.
- Maintains accurate records of detailed reservations, including payment records, in multiple database systems and complicated calendars.
- Coordinates routinely with Assistant Director of School and Group Programs, Field Trip Manager, Traveling Science Workshop instructors, Materials Prep staff, and Visitor Services.
- Educates customers regarding options and alternatives; prepares Museum staff regarding special needs and customizations.
- Takes affirmative action to enhance the quality of the group programs and visits.
Qualifications & Skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Better than average verbal and written communication skills.
- Friendly and highly personable with a background in customer service and/or education strongly valued.
- Ability to communicate with diverse customers and navigate logistically complex scheduling needs.
- Strong basic technology skills (Outlook, Google Calendar, Word, Excel, and comfort with learning new systems).
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to Kathie Watt with the position title in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Discovery Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive space for all.
We believe that a diversity of thoughts, experiences, backgrounds, personalities, and identities helps us think bigger and better, and enables us to reach our goals more effectively. We are committed to building a diverse staff and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply.